Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wow, he REALLY wants it!

Jim Bowden interviewed with the Red Sox yesterday and immediately pronounced the GM position as his "dream job":

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -- Jim Bowden sounded giddy on Wednesday after his interview with the Red Sox for their open general manager's position.
Bowden, the Washington Nationals vice president and general manager, spent 90 minutes talking with Red Sox president Larry Lucchino and chairman Tom Werner for the job vacated on Oct. 31 by Theo Epstein.

He left the room with a choice of the best of all worlds: remaining with the Nationals and having a chance to thrive in the nation's capital possibly even after the franchise is eventually sold, or perhaps joining his hometown team.

"This is my dream job," Bowden said about the Red Sox. "I was born in Boston and raised in Boston. I mean, I love Washington. But to have a chance to join my hometown team, a team with the second-highest payroll in the Major Leagues, a franchise that's loaded in the Minor Leagues, a team that's loaded in the Major Leagues, I think people in Washington will understand."


Believe me, we will, Jim.

2 comments:

Harper said...

Sorry but "Dream Job" was just a reference to the horrible ESPN reality show. They edited out where he says it would be a "Ramma-Lamma-Ham-Dam Job"

I like how he's gone from being raised in Weston and Boothbay-Harbor, Maine to Boston "born and raised". No one would doubt his ties to the Red Sox if he just mentioned that he was suburb-raised.

Farid Rushdi said...

I don't have a problem with what Bowden if "feeling" but don't appreciate his openess. When you're interviewing for a new job with team 'b,' don't say anything about team 'a' or its fans might not like you much anymore. I doubt he'll get the job, and will then have to turn around and face the Nats Nation. Not smart, Jimbo. You should have kept your mouth shut.